EFFECTIVE 10/1/2021 REVISED SCREENER INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING VISITORS
After careful consideration, Chambers Memorial Hospital is refining its visitor access policy for hospital inpatients and ER patients.
Effective October 1, 2021 we are allowing visitors in the ER AND INPATIENT AREAS ONLY with the following restrictions:
THE FOLLOWING VISITOR RESTRICTIONS LISTED BELOW WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT
- NO VISITORS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT OR SURGERY DEPARTMENT THIS WILL INCLUDE SCOPES
- On a case by case basis upon approval by clinical leaders an overnight Caregiver/Support Person will be allowed if required: one overnight Caregiver/Support Person will be allowed to stay with patients with an impairment of mobility (the Caregiver/Support Person will be expected to assist staff in the patient’s care), altered mental status/special needs where a caregiver provides needed attention to improve patient safety, in need of a translator, undergoing a critical life threatening procedure, or is critically ill who are at the end of life.
- Patients that are COVID Positive or are waiting on COVID Results will not be allowed to have visitors except for Clergy and designated family to be in the patient’s room at end of life according to clinical leaders.
- The Clergy and designated family to be in the patient’s room at end of life MUST SIGN A COVID-19 SAFETY ACKOWLEDGEMENT – LIABILITY WAIVER OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.
- Clergy (Priests, Preachers, Ministers, etc.) will be allowed to visit ANY patient to give last rights or offer religious support/counsel. Clergy are NOT to be counted as a patient’s visitor.
VISITORS (CARETAKERS/SUPPORT PERSON) WILL BE ALLOWED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS
THESE CONDITIONS ARE TO BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
- Visiting Hours will be from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- All allowed visitors must be 15 years old or older.
- For Pediatric Patients (under the age of 18) two parents or guardians will be allowed to visit and stay with the patient.
- Visitors (caretaker/support person) will be allowed in once the patient is in an ER Room or an Inpatient Room.
- All visitors (Caregivers/Support Persons) must be fever free and answer no to all health screening questions.
- ER patients are allowed 1 visitor (Caregiver/Support Person).
- Inpatients are allowed 2 visitors (Caregiver/Support Person) per day.
- Each visitor (Caregiver/Support Person) will sign in on the sheet for the corresponding room # they are visiting.
- Each visitor must be given a visitor badge with the date, room # they are visiting and the visitor’s name. Please be sure to inform the visitor this badge must remain in visible sight the entire time they are in our facility.
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times while in the facility this includes while in the patient’s room.
- Each visitor is allowed to leave and reenter the facility 1 time during the day. They must sign out and back in on the visitor log for the corresponding room they are visiting. They must remain fever free and answer no to all health screening questions.
- Give each visitor a copy of our visitation restrictions.
- Clergy (Priests, Preachers, Ministers, etc.) will be allowed to visit ANY patient to give last rights or offer religious support/counsel. Clergy are NOT to be counted as a patient's visitor.
To view our Visitor Restriction Handout please click here
To view the COVID-19 Liabiilty Waiver click here